- SMART Technologies Inc. (NASDAQ: SMT, TSX: SMA) is a world leader in simple and intuitive solutions that enable more natural collaboration. We are an innovator in interactive touch technologies and software that inspire collaboration in both education and business around the globe.
- SMART Technologies was founded in 1987.
- Neil Gaydon is President and CEO.
- SMART employs about 900 people. It is headquartered in Calgary, Canada with offices in Seattle, Washington, DC, New York City, and international offices in Germany, France, the United Kingdom, United Arab Emirates, Colombia, India, China and Singapore.
- SMART's annual revenue for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2015, was US$431.3 million
- SMART spends about 7-8% of its annual revenues on R&D.
- SMART Technologies Headquarters achieved LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Gold standard certification for its numerous green features and implementation of outstanding environmentally sound practices in manufacturing, packaging and work practices
Technical and other accomplishments
- SMART is an innovator, creating the world’s first interactive whiteboard in 1991; the world’s first interactive learning center for early education in 2008 (SMART Table®); the world’s first large-format interactive flat panel to offer presence detection and the world’s first fully-integrated interactive projector with touch recognition in 2012; SMART also created the world’s first pen and finger enabled interactive projector in 2013, the first digital capture board (SMART kapp™) in 2014 and a unique plug-and-play solution that offers real-time multi-way collaboration through simple whiteboarding on an Ultra HD display (SMART kapp iQ) in 2015
- SMART is a leading global provider of interactive displays (interactive whiteboards, interactive flat panels and interactive projectors) with a product category share of nearly 38 percent in the United States and close to 32 percent in the United Kingdom.*
- More than 3.2 million SMART Board® interactive whiteboards have been installed globally in education, business and government settings, with approximately 2.8 million installed in K–12 classrooms, reaching nearly 70 million students and their teachers
- Since April 2012 SMART Notebook™ collaborative learning software has been downloaded more than 6.5 million times by users in over 175 countries around the world
- Over 65,000 digital resources are available on the SMART Exchange™ website, SMART’s online community for educators. There are over 48 country-specific versions of the site, and SMART Notebook lessons are available for download in 23 languages
- In the business market, more than 175 Fortune 1000 organizations in North America have adopted SMART’s visual collaboration solution. Customers include Audi AG, British Telecom, CISCO, GE, Microsoft, SCANHealth, C2, Cundle, Ernst & Young, NASA, and Turner Construction
- In addition to being a Silver Competency Managed Partner with Microsoft, SMART is one of the 11 Global Technology Partners within the Microsoft® Technology Centers (MTC) Alliance Program. SMART also has corporate alliances with Alcatel-Lucent and Cisco®
- SMART Room System™ for Microsoft® Lync® is a turnkey solution for meeting rooms that simplifies the collaboration experience for both virtual and face-to-face participants and provides seamless online collaboration through sharing of real-time video, voice and data.
* Source: Futuresource Consulting – a leading global research company that has tracked interactive whiteboard shipments since 2000. For more information, please visit futuresource-consulting.com.